Monday, June 25, 2012

Get Trained to Use Edmodo in 40 minutes!

It looks like my principal is going to require teachers to either regularly use a website or use Edmodo in their classes. As a teacher who knows a good deal about both resources, I am promoting that teachers use Edmodo. I particularly enjoy how easy it is for teacher post messages, assignments, videos, quizzes, polls for students. Additionally, Edmodo allows teachers to participate in professional learning groups. I particularly enjoy receiving tips for iCivics.org.

Edmodo keeps it simple for teachers. As I have learned in my seven years as a teacher, an easier to use technology tool will actually be used by teachers compared to fancy, high learning curve tools. Because Edmodo looks similar to Facebook and requires little user maintenance/organization, I believe more teachers would prefer the Internet learning tool.

I do still use my website, though I don't plan to erase it quite yet. I have many resources that my students and students from all over the world use. Nevertheless, if you are just beginning the process of using technology in your classroom, Edmodo is a great place to start!

If you are seriously considering using Edmodo in the upcoming school year, I highly recommend you set aside 40 minutes and watch this presentation about Edmodo and how it can be used in your classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment