|Thank You PoliticalCartoons.com|
Here is a list of some of the tech tools I use nearly every day:
- Edmodo: a terrific social networking site for teachers, students, parents and administrators. I am still becoming more adept with Edmodo.
- Dropbox: I love my cloud storage! Dropbox is a very reliable way to save files and open them up anywhere instantly.
- GradeCam: I love grading multiple choice quizzes and tests using my webcam...Even more, I love the incredible data I receive instantly. I am able to analyze which concepts students are struggling with and reteach IMMEDIATELY.
- GoogleDocs: we use Google apps in our school system...I love being able to use the forms to gather information. I also love how students can have access to word processing software for free!
- Twitter: I joined Twitter late, but I love having news articles come to me. I often find relevant articles to use in my classes. I haven't used Twitter much for professional outreach, though I see this becoming more important down the road.
- Quizlet: This is a great resource that keeps getting better. I am promoting my students make flashcards and study their vocabulary using this free website. They came out with a great app that allows anyone to study vocabulary no matter their surroundings.
- Politicalcartoons.com: As a US Government and Politics teacher I regularly show my students satirical cartoons to present serious issues. The cartoon above is a great portrayal of opportunity cost (and it might make you giggle).
- Screencast-o-matic: I wrote about this website last month, but I love how anyone can publish a video explaining ANYTHING and send it out to the world within minutes. I am traveling this year for weddings outside the USA, and I plan to make screen-casts to help my students stay on task even while I am out of the classroom.