Sunday, September 23, 2012

PBS Learning Media


In the past, I have written about my fondness for many PBS resources (FRONTLINE and PBS Newshour). PBS LearningMedia is treasure trove of teacher resources from all of PBS's different entities. No matter your content area, you will be able to find video clips, lesson plans, primary source documents, and more useful tools to assist in your lessons. In addition, LearningMedia provides professional development resources.

I enjoy how after you make an account you can easily mark items as "favorites", thus making it much easier to find materials in the future. As a social studies teacher, I am excited to use some of their wonderful 2012 election materials with both my AP classes and my ESOL Government classes. I really like this simple, yet nicely done video explaining the general election process.

As always, I hope you are able to find a gem or two from PBS LearningMedia.


No comments:

Post a Comment