Tuesday, January 29, 2013

TurboScan...A great tool!


I received a few iTunes gift cards over the holidays and one of the apps I paid for ($1.99) has made some of my paperwork a little easier...it is called TurboScan. The app is relatively simple--you take a photo of a document, photo, etc., and the app turns the image into a PDF file that you can easily email yourself and/or colleagues.

In the short time I have owned the app, I have been able to efficiently write up grade change forms and submit them to my principal quickly. I foresee using this app to capture student work while walking around the room and storing it in a digital portfolio or saving it later for grading purposes.

The app works well with my iPhone and the website notes that it works well with iPads too. Unfortunately, this app is only created for iOS devices, though I am sure Android users have something like it available!

No comments:

Post a Comment