Thursday, February 14, 2013

ForAllRubrics Will Make You Love Rubrics


For all you classroom teachers our there, you need to check out ForAllRubrics.com and discover this gem of a website. First, you need to upload a class list. If you have access to a .csv file of this information, you will save yourself lots of time. Next, you create the rubric. After you create the rubric, you can use it to assess a student via a computer or IPad.

I like how you can print out your finished rubrics (they do all the math work for you), save them as PDFs, and you can automatically email them to students. You can also add written feedback for each category.

Now...ForAllRubrics is not perfect. Currently, you cannot create a rubric with weighted categories. For instance, I don't weight all of my rubric categories at the same amount. However, the wonderful people at the company assure me they are working on adding this feature--it will likely be out within the month. I get the feeling that many more positive changes are on the way.

If you would like to check out some short videos showing how you can use ForAllRubrics.com, click here.

Here is an example of a rubric I created using a writing rubric I have been developing and using throughout the school year with my ESOL Local, State, and National Government classes. I am still becoming acquainted with ForAllRubrics, but I love what I see so far...and I am hopeful for some feature additions in the future :)

Did I mention ForAllRubrics.com is FREE? Now I did.


No comments:

Post a Comment