Tuesday, January 26, 2016

EdTech Coaching Tips for the week of January 25, 2016

Every two weeks I meet with teachers in small groups at my two schools. Before we meet, I encourage the teachers to check out the resources in videos (like the one below) to get them excited for what we will cover. Additionally, if teachers spend a few minutes trying out a tool, we can use the human interaction time to discuss and fine tune any potential problems.

Since I have been doing these sessions, I have developed a simple formula to make the sessions useful, reflective, and efficient for my staff. Each session involves a quick reflection where staff talk about how they currently using technology either with their students or to make administrative procedures more efficient. Next, I introduce a Google extension or app from the Chrome Store. We are GAfE school and our teachers use the gambit of Google Drive applications. Therefore, I introduce a tool to help them and their students get more out of these applications. Finally, I introduce a resource for the staff. In some weeks, it is a document with many resources, however, it is usually a great website to help their students.

For each session, I use a Google Form like this one to gather staff feedback and to showcase resources and my video showcasing these tools and tips.

This week I encouraged teachers to try the freemium Google extension tool of Read&Write and the free GoFormative platform. Information about each of these great tools can be found in the Google Presentation and the screencast video located below.

No comments:

Post a Comment