Monday, March 10, 2014

A Centralized List of Exam Preparation Resources...



I know what you are thinking..."what a sexy blog title"...lol. As my AP students reach the end of the year, we begin preparing for their AP exam in May. I have found that it is quite helpful to centralize all of the resources into a single Google Drive document. Students can easily find resources to help them study, while I can update the document as needed.

I began doing centralized exam preparation documents like this earlier in the year with both my AP and ESOL Government classes. Students can find review Jeopardy games, study vocabulary using Quizlet's different resources, and view a variety of review videos on YouTube. Over the course of a school year and career, we collect lots of resources. A document like this not only helps students, but they help us teachers stay organized.

I work hard to make my own Quizlet vocabulary sets and Jeopardy review games, however, the video playlists come from many different sources. Over the year, I add videos to each playlist for me to use in future years and so students can go back and study the areas where they struggle.

If you would like to see a copy of the AP US Government and Politics Exam Preparation Resources listed above, go to this link. If you would like to see a document with resources to help my ESOL Government course, check out this link.

Finally, at the end of last year my AP students took the following survey to help me determine what exam review strategies worked/did not work. As you can see from the questions and results, students were relatively pleased with the different activities they performed. You bet I will be using this data to guide my review plan this year!



No comments:

Post a Comment