Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Grammar Goodies


As the year winds down (we go until June 24th because of snow days), I begin to start thinking about my summer teaching gig. For the last three years I have taught ESOL for advanced language learners during an intense summer school session that lasts about five weeks. One of the areas that I harp on with my students is building up their knowledge and comfort with English grammar. I emphasize from day one that learning grammar is a process that will last for one's lifetime. I like the idea of turning learning grammar into short activities and/or games. From my observations, students are more likely to enjoy learning grammar using electronic activities than paper worksheets.

I am including some of my favorite websites I use for teaching grammar. I have used some of the activities from these websites and transformed them into Kahoots too.  I hope you find a gem or two from my list of resources:

* Grammar Bytes
* English Grammar Pass
* Grammar Monster
* City University of Hong Kong
* University of Bristol
* Parts of Speech
* OWL Writing Lab for ESL Instructors (or anyone who wants grammar help)

No comments:

Post a Comment