Sunday, November 15, 2015

Two great resources I am loving...

It's been a while since I have had a minute to gather my thoughts, but I wanted to share two sites that I will be sharing with my teachers this week.

The first site, ReadWriteThink contains a plethora of pragmatic teaching games, lessons, resources, and professional development materials for any and all teachers. You can print handouts, as well as find lesson plans that you can tailor for your students. I particularly like the student interactives. These are online resources for students of all grade levels. The Comic Creator looks like a great tool for young and struggling readers. If you teach in a 2:1 or 1:1 environment, you will find lots great resources for your students. My daughter, who is in pre-K, loves Picture Match...she has to pick the letter that is making the sound in the picture.

IXL is the second resource I want to share with you. If you teach math, science, social studies, language arts, you will find games organized by grade level and topic. The BEST part of IXL's games are when you get a wrong answer, they provide a detailed (and visual) explanation. If you have the funds, you can purchase a license so students (and their teacher) can track their progress. However, the free parts look great too. I foresee using the questions as a warm up or closure activity. You could take screenshots of questions and incorporate the images into a Kahoot!


No comments:

Post a Comment