Monday, May 21, 2012

Edmodo Update...


So far I have had only positive experiences with Edmodo. I am in the process of having my current AP US Government and Politics class use Edmodo...they are my guinea pigs! So far, they have all expressed positive comments. The first words many said when they saw the website was "This looks like Facebook". Through their comments and assistance, we have figure out how to link their Google Docs account and turn in assignments. I particularly like how Edmodo allows my students and me to link our Google Docs accounts in order to share materials.

I posted a message on the AP US GoPo list serv last week asking for feedback from current Edmodo users and the results were overwhelmingly positive. I can see why many teachers like how one can administer and monitor student discussions. I like how I can post written questions, images, videos and request students to respond through their comments. I plan on experimenting with the quiz and poll features this week.

Overall, I am excited with Edmodo and look forward to rolling it out next year with ALL of my classes. I would like to pass on the following Edmodo resources to help you rollout Edmodo in your school or classroom. All of these resources come directly from Edmodo:

- General Rollout Resources
- Training Resources

No comments:

Post a Comment