Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Quoted in the Washington Post


Michael Allison Chandler just published a story in the Washington Post analyzing how free materials are affecting the textbook industry. It's a great article showing different perspectives behind the changes currently happening between schools and textbook companies.

As my quote states, it can be overwhelming for a teacher having so many wonderful resources at one's fingertips. Nevertheless, I am not complaining :) I would rather have more resources than less.

In previous posts, I have written about the free FlatWorld Knowldge Ebooks (and ancillaries), as well as Hippocampus.org's FREE online classes in various subjects. I use Hippocampus' site to help my students review content for the AP exam. My students like how you can view/listen to a multimedia presentation and/or read information. Both of these websites make up a big backbone of my AP US Government and Politics class.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment