Monday, March 26, 2012

Dropbox Saved My Life!


Oh Monday...so I get to work this morning and begin setting up my desk like normal. But wait...something goes terribly wrong! My MacBook Pro refuses to turn on. After spending 15 minutes trying different ways to turn the computer on, I realized I have a big problem.

Dropbox to the rescue! Because I use Dropbox to save my files, all of my files were/are backed up automatically to the Dropbox website and to my computers connected to Dropbox. What could have been a big disaster turned out to be a bump in the road thanks to Dropbox. I went on with my day a bit dejected that my relatively new MacBook Pro needs to be fixed, but I wasn't that depressed since my files were/are safe and sound :)

I have written about Dropbox before (see the hyperlink above). If you haven't started using Dropbox to store your files, you are missing out. Because Dropbox saves your files to their site, as well as to your connected computers, you never have to worry about losing your valuable files. Additionally, you can share certain folders with people, making it easy to collaborate.

By the way, it's FREE!

No comments:

Post a Comment