Monday, March 12, 2012

Save YouTube Videos to Your Computer!


A colleague of mine asked me if there was a way to download and save a YouTube video in order to use the video without connecting to the Internet. After checking some of my sources (tip of the hat to Mr. Ken Halla), I came across saveyoutube.com. The website works well and it is relatively easy to use.

Directions/Tips for Saving a YouTube Video:
1. When you are viewing your YouTube video, copy and paste the URL into the box (image is above), then click on the download button.

2. On my MacBook, I have to click on a window to allow the website to have access to my computer. I am not sure if you will need to do this on your Windows device.

3. After allowing the website to have access, you will need to select the format of the file. I recommend you download the video as an MP4. An MP4 video file can be played on Quicktime and any IOS device. However, if you have a Windows computer, a FLV file (Flash Player) might work better for your needs.

4. Finally, depending on the size of the file you will wait for the YouTube video to download. After downloading the file, open to file to see if the video plays.

Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment