Thursday, March 15, 2012

Frontline...A Great Source for Free Documentaries!


For many years I have used the wonderful resources released by Frontline. Not only do they offer documentaries on contemporary issues, but they also provide teacher resources with most of their programs. Because they received more funding over the last few years, Fontline is realeasing more terrific documentaries. As technology becomes better, their newer works can be embedded into websites and wikis. If you were thinking about creating a Webquest or an Internet scavenger hunt, you could find some great resources from Frontline. 

A documentary I have used for many years is called The Storm. The 50 minute documentary shows the slow response from all levels of government before, during, and after Hurricane Katrina. I used their teacher resources to help me with an observation. Watch this clip below...



Whether you teach English, social studies, science, arts, or mathematics, I bet you will be able to find an amazing documentary to assist with a future lesson!

Here is a list of other Frontline documentaries I have used with my government classes:
- The Plea
- Obama's Deal
- Hot Politics
Watch The Storm on PBS. See more from FRONTLINE.

No comments:

Post a Comment