Thursday, February 2, 2012

HippoCampus..Free Online Multimedia Courses



For the last five years I have been using the resources on HippoCampus to assist my AP US Government and Politics students prepare for the AP exam. The site has a plethora of resources that help teach students about different topics. Each lesson includes a multimedia video, a written explanation (like a textbook), a variety of charts, images, and more to help students learn about topics. Additionally, the site includes essay and multiple choice questions to help students review what they just learned.

Many courses are offered through HippoCampus. A variety of science, math, social studies courses are offered for FREE through HippoCampus.

A word of caution. Even though I do love HippoCampus, it does not include 100% of the information my students need to know for the AP US Government and Politics exam. Nevertheless, I do like this resource to support what we are learning about and to review previous lessons from earlier in the year.

With all the great technology resources out there for, I still believe that a human teacher is the best resource to help students succeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment