Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Send Text Message Reminders to Students with REMIND101


I just discovered Remind 101. Simply put, this resource allows you to send text messages to students and/or parents anytime you desire. The student/parent never see your actual phone number, and you (the teacher) never see the actual phone number of the student/parent. If you want to know more about Remind 101, check out the 3 minute video above.

As a teacher who informs students of tests at least a week in advance, as well as putting homework assignments and other information on our class website, it drives me nuts when students tell me they forgot or didn't know something was due!

I have heard of teachers using text messages to reach students before, but I was wary until now. Remind101 is easy to set up and use.

I setup my classes this morning and plan to begin using Remind101 today. I will comment in the future about my experiences with Remind101.

No comments:

Post a Comment